- “De mar a mar,” commissioned essay for number Ecologías de Cine, Revista Ambulante 16, number 5.
- “Memories of Movement,” in Sky Hopinka, ed. John Riepenhoff, published on the occasion of the exhibition of Sky Hopinka’s work at the Poor Farm, Manawa, WI USA, 2019-2020, Poor Farm Press
- 2021 Commission and edition: “Murmurations: A Conversation Between Sarah Friedland and Tess Takahashi on CROWDS,” Invisible Culture: An Electronic Journal for Visual Culture
- Viewfinder, collaborative text with Crystal Z Campbell, edited by Julie Niemi as part of the virtual exhibition from the corner of my eye, at the Hartnett Gallery.
- On Futility for MoMA Magazine, within the collective article “Seven Ways to Re-View a Film History” by Sophie Cavoulacos.
- “¿Has Visto?” essay for the video installation presented by Colectivo Los Ingrávidos at Muestra Internacional Documental de Bogotá (MIDBO), Cinemateca de Bogotá, Colombia.
- “I presens” (In Present Tense) Walden, 13/14. In Swedish.
- Interview with Beatriz Santiago Muñoz for the Herb Alpert Award in the Arts.
- “Weightless Present.” Program notes for my curated program of Colectivo Los Ingrávidos, as part of the 2018 Alternative Film & Video film festival in Belgrade, Serbia.
- “Stillness in Motion: The Films of Alexandra Cuesta.” Program notes for the film screening of Piensa en mí (2009) and Territorio (2016), as part of the series Vertical Features at the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) in Toronto.
- “Vdrome: Coyolxauhqui.” Introductory essay for the film screening of Coyolxauhqui by Colectivo Los Ingrávidos at Vdrome.
- Immediations: The Humanitarian Impulse in Documentary (2017) by Pooja Rangan. Film Quarterly.
- “We Remember,” essay commissioned for the exhibition belit sağ : Let Me Remember, Squeaky Wheel Film & Media Art Center, Buffalo, New York.
- Mónica del Raval (Francesc Betriu, 2009), En la ciudad (Cesc Gay, 2003), De nens (Joaquim Jordà, 2003), El embrujo de Shangai (Fernando Trueba, 2002) and La plaça del Diamant (Francesc Betriu, 1982), in Lorenzo J. Torres Hortelano. World Film Locations: Barcelona. Bristol: Intellect Ltd.
- “The Accursed Poets: Remembering the heroes of alternative Spanish cinema.” Little White Lies Magazine, Issue 36 – “The Skin I Live In” Issue.
- Morena Clara (Florián Rey, 1936), En la ciudad (Cesc Gay, 2003), in Lorenzo J. Torres Hortelano. Directory of World Cinema: Spain. Bristol: Intellect Ltd.
- “From Ecstasy to Rapture: 50 years of the other Spanish Cinema.” Review of the season that took place at the Tate Modern 15th-17th April 2011. Littlewhitelies.co.uk.